Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We have prepared this policy to help you understand how we aim to protect the privacy of the personal information we collect.
The Policy has been developed and made public on this website to inform you of your rights and our obligations and to ensure that we comply with the Privacy Act.
- ‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion relating to an individual, which can be used to identify that individual;
- ‘Sensitive information’ is personal information that includes information relating to a person's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional or trade association membership, sexual preferences and criminal record, and also includes health information.
Personal information we collect
To allow us to provide you with the services and activities detailed in this website it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. Primarily this is to help us identify you when you are dealing with us and to provide transactional services. This personal information may include:
- your name and date of birth;
- your contact details including your address, phone number(s) and email;
- your identity documents (including driver’s licence, passport or other);
- information required by product issuers (e.g. occupation, mother’s maiden name);
- your Tax File Number;
- your bank account details;
- your holdings of term deposits or other cash products; and
- information you provide to Cashwerkz, by telephone, by email or otherwise.
We will not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented or an exemption under the APPs applies. These exceptions include if the collection is required or authorised by law or necessary to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
Your rights to privacy
You have the option of not identifying yourself, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with us in relation to the following matters:
- When you browse the website, we do not collect your personal information; and
- You can make a general inquiry without providing your personal details by telephone.
The option of remaining anonymous however is very limited given the nature of information needed for us to provide our services to you.
Right to refuse
You also have the right to refuse to provide us with personal information if we request it. However, if you choose to do so, you may not meet the minimum requirements for us to provide you with the full services you could receive if you had provided us with this information.
How we collect and hold personal information
Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. Personal information will generally be collected from you or your authorised agent.
The means by which we may collect personal information include:
- Phone, which may include recording telecommunications with your consent;
- Online forms and tools that may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Email when you provide information to us via email, or ask to be on an email list, including the email address itself;
- Written material you provide to us in writing or by facsimile.
At times it may not be practical or reasonable to collect personal information directly from you. In these cases, we may collect personal information from the following third parties:
- Third parties you refer us to and authorise us to talk to;
- Information that is publicly available; and
- Product issuers which may include banks, credit unions and non-bank financial institutions.
In some circumstances we may access mailing lists to obtain information to conduct market research. We use reputable mailing list companies who are also bound by the Privacy Act. We do not keep a record of any information about you from those lists unless you contact us. The information on those mailing lists remains the property of the company from whom the list was provided.
Circumstances where we may collect your personal information without consent
The Privacy Act does permit us to collect personal information without consent, where required by law or court order, and also in respect of the following situations:
- We are legally required to collect certain personal information to meet the requirements of the Anti‑Money Laundering and Counter‑Terrorism Financing Act 2006 though normally this is collected directly from you with your consent.
Information collected from our website
When you visit any part of the Cashwerkz Pty Limited website we will collect information about your visit, such as:
- The time and the date that you visited;
- General usage and including any information or documentation that you have downloaded;
- Information input directly;
- Your browser type.
You may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. This, however, may prevent you from using certain features of the website.
Disposing of unsolicited information collected
We may receive personal information about you when we have taken no active steps to collect that information. This is known as ‘unsolicited’ personal information. In the event that we ‘collect’ unsolicited personal information, and if we determine that we could not have lawfully collected that information under Privacy Law if we were to request it, we will destroy or de-identify this information, if it is both lawful and reasonable to do so.
How your personal information is held
Cashwerkz recognises how important the security of personal information is to clients. We will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information we collect and hold is protected from inference, misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Cashwerkz’s employees must respect the confidentiality of the personal information we collect.
Any personal information received is held by Cashwerkz on your behalf. Your personal information may be held in paper-based and electronic files. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from:
- Misuse, interference and loss; and
- Unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
With respect to paper-based information, we have physical security controls at their premises and in respect of electronic files have secure electronic networks.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
The purpose of collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information is so that we can provide you with the services and benefits that Cashwerkz offers. Unless you have agreed, we will only use and disclose your personal information for:
- The purpose for which it was given to us; and
- Related purposes which you would reasonably expect.
Cashwerkz may disclose personal information as follows:
- Information may be disclosed to third party electronic verification providers for the purpose of identifying you, in which case the information will be limited to your identity particulars;
- To evaluate, effect, manage and administer the services provided by us;
- To inform you of other products and services offered by other entities that provides services on our behalf. This includes marketing and promotion by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages. However, you may at any time “opt out” of receiving direct marketing;
- When engaging third party providers to perform services for Cashwerkz which involves third parties handling personal information;
- To research, develop and improve our services, including testing and improving systems for the management of the services provided;
- For security and audit purposes, service monitoring, internet traffic monitoring, trouble shooting, maintenance, to protect against and identify security breaches, inappropriate behaviour, fraud and unauthorised access to the IT systems of Cashwerkz;
- For communication purposes where contact details are received by us because you sent these to enable us to respond to your request;
- To conduct our business and perform other management and administration tasks;
- To manage any legal actions concerning Cashwerkz;
- To consider any concerns or complaints an individual may have;
- To help us improve the services offered to our client, and to enhance our overall business;
- To product issuers for which we may act as agents for the purpose of complying with anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws; and
- Where required to do so by law.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless the individual agrees otherwise, or where certain other limited circumstances apply (e.g. if required by law).
We engage other people to perform services for us, which may involve that person handling personal information we hold. In these situations, we prohibit that person from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. We prohibit that person from using your information for the purposes of direct marketing their products or services.
We may also use your personal information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you.
Who might we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose personal information to:
- a related entity of Cashwerkz;
- an agent, contractor or service provider we engage to carry out our functions and activities, such as our lawyers, accountants, debt collectors or other advisers;
- organisations involved in a transfer or sale of all or part of our assets or business;
- organisations involved in managing payments, including payment merchants and other financial institutions such as banks;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- financial product issuers and credit providers; and
- anyone else to whom the individual authorises us to disclose it or is required by law.
We may also collect personal information from these organisations and individuals, and will deal with that information in accordance with this Policy.
Other organisations that are contracted to provide services to Cashwerkz may also receive compile and store personal information on our behalf, without acquiring rights in or to the information. These include:
- Auditors – that are required by law to review Cashwerkz accounts for compliance with accounting standards and internal controls;
- Regulators - that monitor compliance with legislation such as the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, Authority (APRA), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and AUSTRAC (where disclosure is required by law).
Information released to the above and other organisations is kept private and secure. Unless disclosure is required by law, we ensure parties who receive information about participants have appropriate systems in place to comply with applicable privacy laws before permitting them to handle information.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to access your own personal information that is held by us, and if this information is incorrect, request that we correct this information.
Accessing your personal information
To access your personal information, you may contact us by phone or in writing and request that we provide this information to you. You will be required to provide acceptable proof of identity with your request before we will be able to provide you with access to ensure your personal information is protected.
We will provide access within 30 days of the individual’s request. If we refuse to provide the information, we will provide reasons for the refusal.
We will require identity verification and specification of what information is required. An administrative fee for search and photocopying costs may be charged for providing access.
Exceptional circumstances may arise which prevent us from providing you with access to your personal information because of reasons outlined in the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act. In these cases we will advise you in writing why we cannot provide you with the information and mechanisms available to you should you want to lodge a complaint.
To access your personal information you may call us on: 1300 721 005
Correcting your personal information
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you may also notify us of this by using the contact details above. If the information is confirmed to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information within 30 days, unless you agree otherwise, and provide a confirmation to you that the correction has been made. We do not charge you for correcting the information.
In the exceptional circumstances we have received a request to correct your personal information but are unable to implement the correction you have requested, we will advise you in writing of the grounds of refusal and mechanisms available should you wish to lodge a complaint.
Inquiries and complaints
Cashwerkz takes the privacy of your information seriously and you may contact Cashwerkz:
- If you believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised or is not adequately protected.
Once a complaint has been lodged, we will respond to you within a reasonable timeframe to address your complaint.
During business hours Monday to Friday
Phone: 1300 721 005
Post: Attn: Privacy Officer
Cashwerkz Pty Ltd
GPO Box 1468, Sydney NSW 2001
E-mail: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to Cashwerkz you can also refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
You can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- by telephoning - 1300 363 992;
- by writing to - Director of Complaints, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, SYDNEY NSW 2001;
- by emailing - [email protected].
Sending information overseas
We will not send personal information to recipients outside of Australia unless:
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient does not breach the Act, and the;
- the recipient is subject to an information privacy scheme similar to the Privacy Act; or
- the individual has consented to the disclosure.
We use Google mail to send personal information to our services providers and third party contractors. Accordingly, your personal information may be held overseas, depending on the location of Google’s data storage centres. It is not practical to list all of the countries in which Google’s data storage centres are located, however, they may include Australia, the United States, Ireland, the Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Taiwan and Singapore.
Cashwerkz does not use personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, unless:
- the personal information does not include sensitive information; and
- you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the purpose of direct marketing; and
- we provide a simple way of opting out of direct marketing; and
- you have not requested to opt out of receiving direct marketing from us.
If you would not reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the purpose of direct marketing, we may only use or disclose that information for direct marketing if you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for direct marketing or it is impracticable to obtain that consent.
In relation to sensitive information, Cashwerkz may only use or disclose sensitive information about an individual for the purpose of direct marketing if you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that purpose.
You have the right to request to opt out of direct marketing and we must give effect to the request within a reasonable period of time.
You may also request that Cashwerkz provides you with the source of your information. If such a request is made, Cashwerkz must notify you of the source of the information free of charge within a reasonable period of time.
We will not use identifiers assigned by the Government, such as a tax file number, Medicare number or provider number, for our own file recording purposes, unless one of the exemptions in the Privacy Act applies. Cashwerkz endeavours to avoid data-matching, being the comparison of data collected and held for two or more separate purposes in order to identify common features in relation to individuals, as a basis for further investigation or action in relation to those individuals.
Updates to this policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, and changes to our operations and the business environment1.
Non-compliance and disciplinary actions
Operation of the site
By using the Website you agree to be bound by the Terms in relation to your use of, and the performance of, the Website, and the information, services and material contained in or provided by it.
Cashwerkz provides comparative information on products offered by participating providers (Third Party Providers). We then automate the ability to deal in, and report on these products without leaving the Website (the Services).
In order to deal in any of these products, you will need to register as a Cashwerkz User (by entering into the User Agreement) and to setup an account in the name of the investing entity.
The Website includes information provided by Third Party Providers, which include financial institutions or financial services providers and other organisations in connection with the services offered by us or by such third parties. We reserve the right to change the financial institutions or financial services providers and other organisations referred to, and information about them, at any time. We accept no responsibility in respect of any such information or any change to that information.
Authorised Adviser means any financial advisers authorised by you in writing to act as your agent and apparently acting in accordance with the authority given to them by You to access the Services on your behalf.
Cashwerkz, us or we means Cashwerkz Pty Ltd ABN 70 164 806 357 AFSL (AFS Licence No. 459645).
Representative/s has the same meaning as that term in section 910A of the Corporations Act 2001.
The Services means the provision of comparative information about different financial products offered by Third party providers, and the facility for Users to deal in and report on the products without leaving the Website.
The Website means the website at cashwerkz.com.au operated by Cashwerkz.
Third Party Providers means the entities which offer financial products on the Website, and which then enter into Third Party Contracts with Users.
User means the Cashwerkz On-line Service User, whether as an individual, or as several individuals, acting jointly and severally, or as a corporation, trust or other legal entity
you or yours means the User or any Authorised Adviser.
User Agreement means Cashwerkz On-line User Agreement.
Use and access
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website without notice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any time or for any period. From time to time we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or to the entire Website, to registered users or to their authorised advisers.
You acknowledge that your Authorised Advisers act on your behalf and are not Representatives of Cashwerkz or any Third Party Provider.
The Website is made available by Cashwerkz for the use only by registered or prospective Cashwerkz On-line Service Users (Users) and their respective authorised advisers (Authorised Advisers) in obtaining information directly related to the Services. You must not use this website:
- for commercial purposes (including for competitive advantage or to the competitive disadvantage of Cashwerkz, or any provider);
- in any manner that is inconsistent with the purpose for which the Website is provided;
- in any manner which is in breach of any laws; or
Without limiting the above, you will not permit a third party to:
- use or access the Website or its content in a way that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person;
- use any method or process (including data scraping, collection or accumulation tool, robot, spider or scripted responses) for the purpose of obtaining, processing, copying, replicating, distributing, reconfiguring, republishing, viewing, assessing, analysing, modifying or repackaging the content;
- use any method or process to consolidate or combine the content with any other content, data, information, images or material;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct or identify this website’s source code, formulas or processes;
- use systematic, repetitive or any other methods, which are designed to obtain a large number of quotes, comparisons, rankings or other pricing and related information from this website;
- use, obtain or attempt to obtain from this website, information in order to identify or discover pricing, underwriting, rating and related business methodology or systems;
- do anything which will or may damage, disrupt access to or interfere with the proper operation of this website;
- do anything which will or may place an unreasonable load on the infrastructure of this website;
- post, distribute or send any 'spamming material' or any other form of bulk communication;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- publish or disseminate any material which is unlawful, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- use this website to harass, defame, abuse, threaten or otherwise offend others; or
- transmit any material which contains viruses or other computer codes designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the efficient operation of this website, its software or hardware.
Limitation of liability
This clause excludes or limits our legal liability for the Website. You should read it carefully. This clause applies only as far as the law permits, and in particular we do not exclude or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Corporations Act 2001 or the Australian Securities and Investments Act 2001.
Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on the Website, information is provided on an "as available" basis and we do not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied. The use of the Website is at your sole risk. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of your use of or reliance on the information contained on the Website to the maximum extent permitted by law.
We do not represent or warrant that the Website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the Website.
To the fullest extent permitted by law we, our representatives, agents and related entities hereby exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which otherwise might be implied by statute, common law, or equity.
We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you or any third party may suffer or incur in connection with any product you obtain after using this Website or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any Third party provider in connection with that product.
In addition, we will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Nothing in this clause affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
We will only accept liability where we have expressly agreed to do so via contract, or such liability is prescribed by statute. In such cases where the law imposes a liability, which cannot be excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability will be limited at our option to:
- the supply of Services again, or
- the payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, our officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Website from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable lawyer fees, resulting from any violation of the Terms by you.
You also agree to indemnify us against any claims that information or material which you have submitted to us is in violation of any law or in breach of any third party rights (including, but not limited to, claims in respect of defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of confidence, infringement of copyright or infringement of any other intellectual property right).
Information about you and your visits to the Website
The publication on the Website of any person’s contact details does not constitute implied or express consent by us or the person to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages or SPAM.
Transactions concluded through the Website
Any transactions in relation to the products offered by participating providers which occur via the Website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by the Terms.
You can apply for a number of products via the Website. Although we cover a range of products, providers and services, we don't cover every product, provider or service available in the market. You should not act, or refrain from acting solely on the basis of the material contained on the Website.
The Website contains statements regarding the terms of the products, including features and inclusions. Some of these statements are generalised in order to give you a summary of the products being compared. However, not all products are the same and you should confirm the exact terms of any product that you intend to purchase prior to purchasing that product. The product information supplied on the Website is available only to Australian residents.
The products offered on the Website are not provided by us but are instead provided by Third party providers over whom we do not have control. The information and products contained on the Website do not constitute a solicitation, inducement, recommendation, opinion or suggestion to purchase or apply for any particular product.
The presence of a product on the Website does not constitute an endorsement by us of the Third party provider, the product, the content of the Third party provider’s website, or the activities of the Third party provider.
All product prices are quoted in Australian dollars.
By submitting your personal details through the Website, you are able to make an offer to obtain a product from a Third party provider. That offer may be accepted or rejected. The contract for the product will only be concluded once your offer has been accepted by the relevant Third party provider. If your offer is accepted then the product will be provided to you, subject to the Third party provider’s terms and conditions. You will receive written confirmation if your offer has been accepted.
General advice warning
To the extent that anything contained on the Website constitutes financial product advice, it is general advice only and does not take into account your personal circumstances or objectives. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any product before doing so. Products included on the Website may not suit your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider whether a product is appropriate for your circumstances, before making a decision to purchase or apply for any product. If you are considering acquiring any financial product you should obtain and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or other offer document prior to making an investment decision.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, bots, logic bombs or other malicious software. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Commonwealth Criminal Code Act 1995 and equivalent state-based legislation. We may report any such breach to relevant law enforcement authorities and may co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your personal information to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
You should not use public Internet connections (wireless or wired) to access your account via the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure you have up-to-date and effective anti-virus and anti-malware software on your phone, tablet, computer, server, network infrastructure or any other device through which you transact with us. If you believe any device through which you transact with us has been infected by a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb, bot or any other malicious software, you must notify us immediately by calling us on 1300 721 005.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other malicious software that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of using public network connections, failing to have up-to-date and effective anti-virus and anti-malware software or failing to notify us that your device has been infected by any type of malicious software.
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of the Terms and to take any action we deem appropriate including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to user profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
Linking to the Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by us where none exists.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected].
Links from the Website
Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Cashwerkz security statement
We are committed to a number of security controls to ensure the integrity and security of data. These include:
- All documents, and data stored by Cashwerkz is fully encrypted on disk.
- All data sent between your computer and Cashwerkz is encrypted using TLS encryption.
- All passwords are securely hashed before being stored on encrypted disk.
- Cashwerkz protect customer data by implementing session time-out's and locking accounts with repeated failed login attempts.
- Cashwerkz conduct regular third-party security audits to ensure security of systems and data.
Below are some simple actions you can take to protect your information and increase your own security when transacting on line. This list should not be regarded as exhaustive and is provided for information purposes only.
- Make sure you sign in via the authorised Website address cashwerkz.com.au and always sign in directly from your browser.
- Check that the secure session has been authenticated with a valid security certificate.
- Never accept links or redirections from other websites or emails for the purpose of signing into this website.
- Be wary of using public or Internet Cafe computers to access or perform financial transactions.
- Always check for a locked padlock symbol at the bottom right corner of your browser, as this indicates it is secure to use.
- Treat your login and password details as confidential, and do not disclose them to any third party. Ensure you do not record or save your Password on your computer.
- Disable or switch off the option on your browser for retaining user names and passwords.
- Ensure that you are not observed when entering your email and Password when you sign into cashwerkz.com.au.
- For your security, your password should:
- not contain your name, date of birth, telephone number or address;
- not be disclosed to anyone else, not even family members or friends;
- not be stored in your computer's programmable function keys;
- be easy to memorise but difficult to guess;
- be kept secret and changed regularly.
- If you have lost, forgotten or misplaced your password, simply click on "lost password?" in the Cashwerkz log-in page and we will email you a link to securely create a new password to your account.
- You should notify Cashwerkz immediately if you suspect that your password has been compromised or you are concerned of any suspect activity on your account.
- Remember: Cashwerkz staff will never ask you for details of your password.
- Always use the latest antivirus, anti-spyware and firewall software to maintain security.
- If there are any transactions you are unfamiliar with or that look suspicious, please contact us.
Cashwerkz is the owner and/or authorised user of all trade marks, service marks, design marks, patents, copyrights, database rights and all other intellectual property appearing on or contained within the Website, unless otherwise indicated. All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the Website are our copyright and that of our suppliers and licensors unless expressly indicated otherwise by us.
We may authorise you to use content on our Website if you contact us and we agree in writing.
These Terms are effective until terminated by us.
This Financial Services Guide (“FSG”) has been prepared to inform you of the services offered by Cashwerkz Technologies Pty Ltd (“Cashwerkz, us, we, our”) and to assist you in deciding whether to use any of the services offered by Cashwerkz.
It sets out how Cashwerkz operates, how Cashwerkz, its employees, and any related entities are paid, how Cashwerkz deals with client’s complaints, as well as any interests, associations or relationships that could influence Cashwerkz in providing services to you.
If you choose to use our services you may also receive from us a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or other types of Offer Document. The PDS and/or Offer Document contains information about the particular product and will assist you in making an informed decision about that product.
Cashwerkz and our services
Cashwerkz is a broking platform for cash products, delivered as an online service for individuals, self directed clients, company's and advisers (financing planners and agents).
Cashwerkz is designed to lower the overhead, effort and costs inherent in the end-to-end process of comparing, selecting and and investing in cash products against a Cashwerkz User’s product preferences. Cashwerkz Users can deal in these products without leaving the Cashwerkz website.
We operate under an AFSL
Cashwerkz is the holder of Australian Financial Services Licence 459645. Under this licence we are authorised to provide general financial product advice and deal in relation to:
- Deposit Products;
How we get paid
Issuers of cash products (e.g. Term Deposits) pay Cashwerkz when term deposits are placed with them, so you pay no fee.
For Term Deposits we may receive a placement fee from the Issuer, which may vary between Issuers, which is normally 0.10%.
The rate you are quoted on the Cashwerkz website is the rate you receive for your investment.
e.g. For a $100,000 Term Deposit invested for a 1 year term, and the Issuer pays .10%, we will be paid $100.
i.e. $100,000 x 0.10% p.a. x 1 year = $100.
How we pay our employees
We pay our employees a salary and possible bonuses for the performance of their duties in line with their key performance indicators. They are employees under employment contract terms.
Staff do not receive incentives from the institutions nor by any other means other than through the performance of their jobs and at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
We give general advice only
Cashwerkz is licensed by ASIC to provide dealing and execution services and general financial product advice for financial products. Cashwerkz owns and operates the website cashwerkz.com.au an internet cloud application that specialises in cash products.
Any financial advice provided by Cashwerkz will be general product advice only, strictly in accordance with our AFSL, and will not take a client’s personal circumstances into consideration or a client’s individual financial circumstances, objectives or needs.
On whose behalf do we act?
When we provide financial services, we are acting on our own behalf. We do not act on your behalf. In some cases we may act as agent for a product issuer for the limited purposes of receiving Applications on its behalf and obtaining information required under Anti-money laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing laws.
Compliance with the Anti-money laundering / Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (C’th)
Cashwerkz has an obligation under the AML/CTF Act to verify your identity before we can provide you with any financial services. Up until the point we have met these obligations, clients will only be able to view information on the Cashwerkz site for comparison use only but will not have the ability to initiate or complete a transaction.
Cashwerkz has a client registration process, which makes it easy to provide information required to meet KYC/AML identity requirements. Our process ensures a client (whether an individual, corporation or Trust) need only provide this information once to verify their identity and therafter as required to ensure ongoing compliance.
How to contact us
How you may instruct us
You are entitled to ask us about your rights as an investor in regard to the service you receive, our fees, and what you can do should you have a complaint about our services.
If you require more information or clarification, please contact your adviser, accountant or Cashwerkz directly. As a Cashwerkz User:
- You have the right to know about details of fees and other benefits Cashwerkz may receive in relation to the provision of services to you.
- You will receive general market advice only. If you require specific advice tailored to your personal financial needs, you should contact your financial adviser.
- We may provide you with general commentary on deposit products. To the extent that this commentary may be financial product advice, it is general financial product advice only. You should always contact your financial adviser should you require investment advice specific to your personal financial situation and read the PDS before making a decision to acquire a financial product.
- You will receive communication from Cashwerkz including confirmation of successful transactions by electronic means. The Cashwerkz website also provides an up to date record on the status of ‘orders’ and ‘holdings’.
How is a transaction made?
Cashwerkz is an automated online service designed to lower the overhead, effort and costs inherent in the end-to–end process of comparing, selecting and investing in cash products. When you select/confirm the product you wish to deal in Cashwerkz will automatically carry out the transaction on the selected product. Once a transaction is processed any subsequent enquiries are to be made through Cashwerkz.
Cashwerkz values your business and should any complaint or dispute arise, you should take the following steps:
- Contact your adviser and inform him/her of your complaint.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 3 days, please e-mail at first instance [email protected] and if still unsatisfied please contact the Directors in writing at GPO Box 1468 Sydney, NSW 2001. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
- If you still do not obtain a satisfactory outcome, you have the right to complain to the Credit and Investments Ombudsman referencing our member number M0025424by Phone: 1800 367 287 or in writing to:
Financial Ombudsman Service
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
The Australian Securities and Investment Commission can also be contacted on 1300 300 630 if you have a complaint or wish to obtain information about your rights.
Professional insurance arrangements
It is a requirement under Section 912B of the Corporations Act that Cashwerkz have adequate professional indemnity insurance in place for compensating persons for any loss or damage suffered as a result of breaches of Cashwerkz ’s obligations under its licence.
We confirm that Cashwerkz has such professional indemnity insurance in place and conforms with the requirements under Section 912B of the Corporations Act.
Our social guidelines
At Cashwerkz, our aim is to see you ‘werk’ your cash like a pro. Our community on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube has been designed to inspire, empower and connect with like-minded individuals. By sharing high quality and relevant information on a range of financial topics, we look forward to helping you manage your cash and pursue the passions of your life.
As a community we’re all in this together so we encourage questions, comments, feedback and general discussion. However, to ensure this remains a safe, supportive and friendly environment, we ask that you adhere to these simple guidelines.
Please be aware that:
- The Cashwerkz community is regularly monitored; any post or comment that doesn’t comply with these guidelines, or is deemed inappropriate will be removed
- The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Cashwerkz, its employees and / or its contributors
For the protection of all individuals within the Cashwerkz community please refrain from:
- The use of offensive, threatening, discriminatory and / or defamatory content (including swearing)
- Engaging in personal attacks, bullying behaviours or trolling
- Posting fraudulent, deceptive or misleading content (including links to such content)
- Posting sexually explicit and / or illegal content (including links to such content)
- Link baiting or spamming
- Posting content that is corrupt or contains viruses
- Unsolicited commercial promotion of Cashwerkz or any other entity
Be mindful of your own digital security at all times:
- Do not post or share personal, confidential and / or sensitive information about yourself or another person; including your phone number, email or home address, and banking details
Thank you for your support and contribution to our community of investors. We are thrilled to have you here. Now…let’s werk it!